August 18, 2016
It's been a long time since our last news post - eight years! We continue to support all of our software, and have a steady stream of orders for Install-Block -- it still works great. A couple of caveats: Windows 10 now reserves the default shortcut key of Win+I, so you'll want to change to a different combination. Also, while the software works great in most cases, on Windows 7, 8, and later, if you run into an issue whereby a blocked window is still accessible, on a non-administrator account, and you've already disabled User Account Control, please see here
about running the program as admin on non-admin accounts. Remember there's a free demo of Install-Block so try it out before purchasing if you have doubts. It's still the best program for preventing software installation on your Windows computers.
Bash HTML Editor, on the other hand, is pretty dated at this point. Feel free to use this name/serial combination to convert the free trial to a full licensed copy -- Name: bashsoftware.net ; Serial: G41270287TW
October 13, 2008
Install-Block has been updated to version 2.0.7 to correct an issue introduced in the previous version, related to the blocking of Explorer windows.
June 10, 2008
We have updated Install-Block to version 2.0.6 to correct a problem in which setup programs may not be successfully terminated when a password is not supplied. The setup app would
remain unreachable by the user, however the executable could stay loaded in the background, consuming resources.
April 5, 2008
Install-Block has been updated to version 2.0.5 to correct a rare problem with One-Time-Use passwords, and an issue with blocking all websites except for a list of allowed sites.
March 12, 2008
Install-Block has been updated to version 2.0.4 to correct an error within the Administer Network tool.
January 31, 2008
Install-Block has been updated to version 2.0.3 to correct two minor bugs from previous releases.
October 22, 2007
A new version of Install-Block, version 2.0.1, is now available, adding a few new features, particularly to the Administer Network tool.
October 12, 2007
We are pleased to announce the release of Install-Block 2.0. Version 2.0 adds many exciting features, including:
- New, more attractive interface
- File encryption tool
- Added Network Management tool. This allows you to copy settings to all of the computers on your network. (Not available on Windows 95/98/ME)
- Added to Remote Access Requests a new option, 'Enable One-Time-Use Passwords'. This allows the user to request access via email or over the phone. The admin then uses a tool to generate a password that will only work one time.
- New option: Block the Windows Start menu
- New option: Don't allow Logoff or system Shutdown/Restart (Windows XP or 2000 only)
- New option: Don't show the password prompt when blocking a window. Instead, terminate the window without user interaction.
- New option: Log events
- New option, found on the White List screen: 'Block all top-level windows except for those listed above'
- When executed under an Administrator account, Install-Block will set the necessary file permissions for the program to operate correctly on Standard user accounts.
A full list of changes is included with the program, found in the tutorial/help files.
August 13, 2007
The release of Install-Block version 2.0 has been delayed so that even more new features can be included. Version 2 is an extensive update, and will be well worth the extra wait. There is no estimated release date, however it won't be too much longer.
July 5, 2007
Version 2.0 of Install-Block is in the final production phase, and should be released within approximately two weeks.
January 27, 2007
Bash HTML Editor has received an update, to version 4.3.2. This is the 51st version of the program since it's 2002 release. Changes include a fix for both image paths and the Comment window, as well as more convenient Bold and Italics toolbar buttons.